Wednesday 7 December 2011

Girl Walk All Day

If you're like me and you watch the TV series The Good Wife then you will have seen Grace's tutor Jennifer who was a bit of oddball make her own dance videos. Well the actresses name is Anne Marsen and I can only assume that she really does like to do dance improv on the streets, because she now appears in this film named 'Girl Walk All Day.' I must admit I love everything about this project, with the music from Girl Talk aka Greg Gillis who never fails to get me dancing and has kept me going through many a nightshift accompanying the brilliant moves and visuals of Marsen and co, this film which is being released chapter by chapter online is a definite must see and mood changer. I love a good music video but the concept of an entire dance film for an album is one that I hadn't thought could work so well, I look forward to the day that I can sit and watch the entire thing whole and buy the album, there is no doubt that Jacob Krupnick is onto a winner with this idea. You can even help the team out by contributing to the film over @kickstarter! Anne Marsen hails from New Jersey and first started dancing when she was just 2 years old. At 8, her mom brought her to Manhattan for ballet, tap and jazz classes. Anne subsequently attended the School of American Ballet for 6 years, developing a love-hate relationship with the form's competitive and restrictive environment. As Anne's dance evolved, she began studying hip-hop and street jazz at various NYC studios, and found herself freestyling at high school talent shows. Afterwards, Anne briefly quit dance and dabbled with acting, but quickly realized she missed it too much. She left college and is pursuing a career combining acting, dancing, personal choreography and music video projects. Below is a brilliant trailer for the film, but if you want to watch the entire thing I'm afraid you will have to wait and watch it week by week here!

Official Trailer: Girl Walk // All Day from Girl Walk // All Day on Vimeo.

No comments:

Total Pageviews